The Practical Demonstration Test (also known as the Driver CPC Module 4 Test) is designed to assess the practical application of your knowledge of the subjects you studied for your Driver CPC Part 2 Case Study theory test. To find out more about the syllabus for Driver CPC, click here.
Please note, you must have passed the Driver CPC part 2 test before you can book the Driver CPC part 4 test.
Driver CPC Module 4 subjects
- Loading the vehicle following safety rules and keeping it secure
- Preventing trafficking in illegal immigrants
- Assessing emergency situations
- Reducing physical risk to yourself or others
- Daily vehicle safety checks
Each question is worth 20% of the total score. To pass you have to score at least 15% out of 20% in each topic area and have an overall score of at least 80%.
At the end of your test, the examiner will tell you if you’ve passed. If you have been successful you will be issued with a pass certificate which validates your Driver CPC qualification immediately. Your Driver CPC Qualification Card (DQC) will be sent by post automatically. You will then have five years to complete 35 hours of periodic Driver CPC training in order to stay qualified. For more information on this, click here.
If you fail, you can book another test straight away, but you can’t take it for another 3 clear working days.
Sections in the ‘Getting Your HGV Licence’ guide
- Getting your HGV licence
- Applying for a provisional HGV licence
- Preparing yourself for HGV training
- Choosing an HGV training provider
- HGV theory test – Part 1 (Preparation)
- HGV theory test – Part 2 (Booking)
- The HGV driving test – Part 1 (Preparation & booking)
- The HGV driving test – Part 2 (Test day)
- After the HGV driving test
- Driver CPC Module 4
- Finding HGV driving jobs